...Sailing into the sunset

Monday, November 09, 2009


Norfolk Sunset

Norfolk Sunset

Norfolk Sunset

Norfolk Sunset





Norfolk Sunset

It will be the first time in years I will admit that on Sunday I simply just did not want to go sailing .
There was little wind , It was perishingly cold & I knew that I had put a hole in my nice, warm dry suit.
However I was due to run a course & commitments are commitments.

As the sun came out during the day to take the edge off the biting cold I shrugged off my negetive mindset and began to enjoy the calm beauty of it all around me.
The truth is that England can be stunningly beautiful when you ignor the weather, especially this time of year. There is a crisp cleaness that for me dissapears in winter & reappears only for a while around Easter.

Autunm.
Love it.

My day was capped off as my students went home happy after what turned out to be a productive session. The sun set over the becalmed broad.
The only movement as a flock of 40 or so geese settled in for the night .
The sky & water exploded with colour. Gold & orange against black silouettes of the naked trees.
Teh sky moving on through blues , lilacs & purples.

The clouds wisped as a front moved over.

Wonderful sight to behold which must have lasted a good hour before it was all over.

I'm still in awe of the world sometimes .

0 comments: