...getting more blurred

Monday, March 10, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes.
My six year old god daughter yesterday blurted out loud over the lunch table "you look like a girl", leaving me a little dumbfounded in front of my friends.
I think she was referring to the ponytail.
Feeling slightly embarrassed at myself, my insides twisted a little.
I'm hoping just blinking & laughing the comment off was sufficient. I don't think it was picked up. Nothing was said.

Its odd. Its never been my intent to take all this too far.
Certainly not to invade my regular life, but I realise of late I've been walking around in bloke mode with hair rolling beyond my shoulders , longish nails & eyebrows plucked as far as I had dared.
Perhaps I had gone too far if a child can see through me.

Anyway , the nails got cut back which I guess is a good thing. It means I can play my guitar again & wont be walking around consciously hiding my hands as I have been.
As for the rest , well I'll just go back to the semi shaven for now. Diversionary tactics.
I'm just a little loathed to cut my hair again, ( but at the rate its breaking & falling out it seems it wont be around much longer any how)

I think I may need a little wake up call every now & again to kick me back to reality .
This one just caught me off gaurd a little .



1 comments:

Jess said...

As you say, out of the mouths of Babes...

Don't worry too much - theres a temptation to pick up on the smallest thing and think you're covers been blown - I got remarks from my Mum about my shiny nails, "Oh just a nail protector" I said, but I'm left wondering, does she suspect?