...caught by supprise

Monday, February 19, 2007



" Told, the meteorite is the source of the light
And the meteor's just what we see
And the meteoroid is a stone that's devoid of the fire that propelled it to thee

And the meteorite's just what causes the light
And the meteor's how it's perceived
And the meteoroid's a bone thrown from the void that lies quiet in offering to thee "



I like to consider myself open to new Ideas, but sometimes you get caught unaware
by little things that just make you sit back & say "wow ,gosh wow".
I was given a Joanna Newsom's "Ys" CD & told it was a harp soloist.
I know I can become very excitable over music. Music junkie , snob call it what you will, but
for someone that considers punk,blues, goth, & thrash umongst their more favoured geners I initially took it & had a listen just to be polite.


I have to admit I have just been totaly taken aback by the girls almost appologetic vocals , rambling lyrics and meandering, melodic style.
Such interesting hypnotic music, somthing new every listen.

"wow ,gosh wow"

http://www.joannanewsom.co.uk/


...she's cute as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love Joanna Newsom! I have Milk Eyed Mender, didn't know she had a new one out. Cool!

P.S. Get Milk Eyed Mender! :-)

Lara Tyg said...

...puts on coat & totters off to the shop.